POPL 2014: 41st ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages
San Diego, USA
Visa support letters
Requests for visa support letters for purposes of attending or presenting at POPL 2014 are handled by ACM.
International registrants should be particularly aware and careful about visa requirements, and should plan travel well in advance. All visa inquiries must be handled by ACM headquarters.
Please send your request for a letter in support of a visa application to email@example.com. You must include:
- Your name as it appears on your passport;
- Your current postal mailing address;
- The name of the conference you are attending (i.e., POPL 2014);
- Your registration confirmation number; and,
- If you are an author of an accepted paper or poster, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the "sole author" or a "co-author".
Once the information is sent, ACM expects to issue the letter within a week. Requests for letters are processed in the order they are received. ACM will send a PDF letter by email; the PDF serves as a signed electronic version of the original letter which will be mailed to your current mailing address. Please note that ACM does not fax visa support letters. If you do not receive the letter by post mail on time for your visa appointment, please print out your PDF letter and take it with you.
Please note that ACM does not issue formal "letters of invitation" to any of its conferences, only Visa Support Letters.