POPL 2015: 42nd ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages
Call for Tutorials
Since 2012, POPL has been/is home to TutorialFest, which features a buffet of half-day talks oriented towards students in particular and other POPL attendees in general.
Tutorials for POPL 2015 are solicited on any topic relevant to the POPL audience. In particular, tutorials that strive to do one of the following have been particularly successful in the past:
- Describe an important piece of research infrastructure.
- Educate the community on an emerging topic.
In 2015, tutorials will be held on Tuesday January 13, 2015 (two days before the main conference and the day before PLMW).
Submissions should be in pdf or plain-text, sent via email to Matthew Parkinson (mattpark [at] microsoft [dot] com, with subject line "POPL tutorial proposal") with the following information:
- Tutorial title
- Presenter(s), affiliation(s), and contact information
- 1-3 page description (for evaluation). This should include the objectives, topics to be covered, presentation approach, target audience, prerequisite knowledge, and if the tutorial was previously held, the location (i.e. which conference), date, and number of attendees.
- 1-2 paragraph abstract suitable for tutorial publicity.
- 1 paragraph biography suitable for tutorial publicity.
The tutorial chair may also solicit tutorials directly, as has been common in the past.
- Submission Deadline: September 22, 2014, anywhere on earth.
- Tutorial Notification: October 1, 2014.
Please direct any questions to the Student Activities Chair, Matthew Parkinson (mattpark [at] microsoft [dot] com).